- March 3, 2018 6:23 pm
- By Better Earth Jewels PVT.LTD.
Safety and Security
Of course your precious jewelry is meant to wear and enjoy, but to make sure you can do that for the rest of your life, learn how to keep your jewelry safe — at home and while traveling.
· Practice basic home security. Make sure it looks like you're home (whether you are or not). Don’t let mail and newspapers pile up or let your lawn get unkempt.
· Consider a home security system or at least motion-sensitive outdoor lighting.
· Don’t keep your jewelry box in an obvious place such as the top of your dresser. It’s best to keep it out of sight, in a place like a closet or drawer.
· Consider investing in a home safe for your jewelry.
· Pieces that are engraved are more difficult for a thief to sell.
· Create an inventory of all your jewelry. It can be as simple as a handwritten note you keep somewhere secure or as complex as a computer spreadsheet you email to a spouse or friend. You can even log cleanings and repairs.
· Consider photographing each piece to have a record of everything you own.
· Keep or scan your original receipts so you know what you paid for the pieces.
· When traveling, don’t announce your absence on your voicemail messages or on social media.
· Travel with easy-to-carry, more versatile pieces.
· Keep your jewelry with you whenever you can. Don't check it on a flight or put it in luggage you plan to leave with hotel bell staff.
· Make two lists of the pieces you are traveling with. Take one with you and leave one in a safe place.
· Use the hotel safe — don’t leave your jewelry in your room.